TechnoServe Nigeria - Lagos, Nigeria
Posted: Sep 27th, 2019Login to Apply
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries.We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets.
- The Agribusiness Specialists will lead and manage the agribusiness training and advisory component of the program.
- Assist in developing the training curriculum, conducting agribusiness-training workshops and aftercare advisory, ensuring participants receive relevant curricula and advisory services.
- Provide technical leadership to program activities related to targeted agribusinesses.
- Support the Program Director in designing and executing the planned interventions.
- Lead and facilitate agribusiness component of the technology and knowledge transfer to supported agribusiness companies, focused on business growth plans and technology adoption through training workshops and one-on-one aftercare.
- Support business growth planning with agribusiness companies, including marketing, situational and opportunity analysis, operational strategy, and financial planning for growth.
- Manage a team of Business Advisors and agribusiness training consultants to provide training and support to participating agribusiness owners.
- Provide guidance in training material revision; analyze training needs and tailor and improve curricula as needed.
- Support Business Advisors in recruiting and screening agribusiness companies.
- Identify with stakeholders and perform a thorough assessment (Initial and subsequent) of emanating, existing and envisaged problematic situations and proffer solutions.
- Support Business Advisors in delivering training workshops and advisory sessions.
- Formulate recommendations and solutions for project activities.
- Ensure business project activities are implemented with sound managerial, technical, financial, and overall programmatic practices.
- Provide support in implementing Agtech Interface Network (AIN) activities including demo-days, hackathons, roundtable events etc.
- Produce statistical and narrative reports for internal and external consumption, including success stories, challenges, case studies and impact results against selected indicators.
- Strict adherence to the timeframe of assignments in project life-scope.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Experience: 3-5 year(s)
|Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business Management, Accounting and other relevant fields.
- A Master’s degree in Business or a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years in capacities relating to either agribusiness, marketing, SME development with entrepreneurial experiences in agribusiness.
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Excellent communication, analytical and strategy skills.
- Confident with project management and reporting.
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel.