TechnoServe Nigeria - Lagos, Nigeria
Posted: Oct 2nd, 2019Login to Apply
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries.We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets.
- Support incubator staff in training cohorts of agtech entrepreneurs on business plan development, product design, financial planning, and marketing.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of incubator training curricula on topics such as incubator sustainability and management, marketing plans and operations, incubator services, funding and investment, and start-up firm needs.
- Pursue funding opportunities for the start-ups; interface with funders, venture capitalists, institutions for partnership and sponsorship.
- Support Business Advisors and incubator staff in recruiting and screening agtech entrepreneurs.
- Oversee technology expert and curriculum designer in the design and adaptation of curricula for agtech entrepreneurs.
- Oversee incubator services on strategy, finance, legal, design, technology, marketing and more.
- Facilitate incubation and innovation development programs.
- Provide one-on-one advisory to incubator leadership.
- Converge experts and leaders in private, public and non-governmental sectors to the Agtech Interface Network (AIN).
- Foster linkages to value chains & markets and the growth of a community of change-makers and innovators.
- Promote best practice, supporting administrative and operational activities of the Agtech Interface Network.
- Provide support in implementing Agricultural Interface Network (AIN) activities including demo-days, hackathons, roundtable events, etc.
- Produce statistical and narrative reports for internal and external consumption, including success stories, challenges, case studies and impact results against selected indicators.
- Oversee the implementation of a plan that helps resolve any occasional discrepancies and irregularities.
- Strict adherence to the timeframe of assignments in project life-scope.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Experience: 5-7 year(s)
|Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- A Master degree in Business and Information technology or a relevant field.
- At least 5 years in business incubation or support to start-ups.
- Strong track record in supporting entrepreneurs in business incubation practices as incubation manager or equivalent.
- Experience in establishing and coordinating support services for entrepreneurs, including technical assistance and mentorship programs from start-up.
- Track record of bringing technology and innovative business models to markets. Direct experience in developing a business along specific value chain is preferred.
- Training and experience in the management of grant budgets effectively.
- Demonstrated rigorous understanding of the local context including the business and investment climate in Nigeria in the private and public sectors and ability to interact with key stakeholders, from both public and private sectors.
- Evidence of networking ability. It will be an advantage to have established networks within the business community
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports.
- Excellent communication, analytical and strategy skills.
- Confident with project management and reporting.
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Office.
- Self-starter, energetic, and friendly.
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking and working.
- Engages people and empowers them to deliver on promises.
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and propose solutions.
- Reviews information quickly and does not hesitate to try out solutions.
- Passionate about knowledge learning and sharing.