Access to Finance Specialist
TechnoServe Nigeria - Lagos, Nigeria
Posted: Oct 2nd, 2019Login to Apply
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries.We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets.
- Responsible for tasks that are directly related to increasing access to finance for participating agriculture technology entrepreneurs (agtech) and agribusinesses.
- Facilitate access to finance for agriculture technology entrepreneurs and agribusinesses through linkages with appropriate financial service providers to design and provide suitable financial services and products.
- Conduct a financial needs assessment for participating agtech entrepreneurs and agribusinesses.
- Serve as the principal liaison between financial institutions, including banks, microfinance institutions, impact investors, and other financial service providers.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key partners and other potential private sector finance players with interest in working with agtech entrepreneurs and agribusinesses.
- Work with TechnoServe’s Access to Finance practice group to ensure best practices in the project is utilized
- Pursue seed funding opportunities for the start-ups; interface with funders, venture capitalists, institutions for partnership and sponsorship.
- Monitor the contracts and agreements relating to financial services and products.
- Oversee the literacy training content development and execution.
- Strict adherence to the time frame of assignments in project life-scope.
Experience: 5-7 year(s)
|Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Economics, Finance or any related fields; A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 5-7 years’ experience relating to either banking, financial management or international development. 3-5 years in a similar role will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports.
- Excellent communication, analytical and strategy skills.
- Confident with project management and reporting.
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel.