A4 & T Power Solutions - Lagos
Posted: Oct 14th, 2019Login to Apply
Design, install & maintain renewable energy solutions. A dynamic organization with commitment to delivering energy efficient solutions, with affordable pricing and unique technologies. Electrical and Structural Engineering Design, Equipment/Product Supply, System Installation and Commissioning.
- Design, procurement and maintenance of embedded renewable power systems for our wide range of individual, commercial and governmental bodies.
- Planning and management of on and off-grid PV systems and multi- technology hybrid systems
- Deliver appropriate design solutions based on specific site resources, customer desires and budgets, and assessed load requirements.
- Identify strategic equipment suppliers.
- Support the operations and maintenance (O&M) of our installed systems, including development of maintenance contracts and operations manuals
- Supervise the teams to conduct detailed site surveys for PV and hybrid solutions
- Carry out customer meetings as the company’s technical representative
- Design a wide range of on and off-grid solar PV configurations including; Embedded systems, off-grid stand-alone systems, mini-grids for off-grid clients and communities, micro-grids for commercial and industrial clients.
- Large mega-watt scale solar farms (this will not be an initial focus).
- Systems that integrate with existing energy equipment.
- Performance modelling, monitoring and reporting of PV system outputs.
- Develop cost estimates of PV plants that include all aspects of the project cycle.
- Understand Nigerian regional regulatory requirements, installation standards, and implementation costs
- Build relationships with strategic equipment suppliers.
- Support business development teams by providing technical support to project proposals, reports and technical documents.
- Keep abreast of technology developments and identify new products that meet client/customer needs.
- Specify and advise on monitoring and display solutions, appropriate circuit and surge protection devices.
- Participate in project deployments, monitoring, inspection and debugging activities of key test sites.
- Plan and develop an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) program which includes coordinated oversight of O&M activities, quarterly performance reports and site- documentation for clients and internal use, remote monitoring of the plants and conferring with customer and service partners to resolve complaints and to resolve arising challenges.
- Report to the CEO for supervision and validation of reports and designs.
- Work with the team to build capacity and to learn about the changing solar markets
- Perform other duties as required.
- Liaise with the sales team to help the company in broadening its client and customer base in the commercial and industry space.
Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Job Type: Permanent
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Energy Technologies.
- Minimum 5 years field in Solar panel engineering and installation.
- Master’s Degree in Renewable Energy or equivalent field experience an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of modelling and design software to design and plan of tangible systems.
- Internationally recognized solar engineering qualifications or license (if any, kindly state these qualifications in your application).
- Energy audit knowledge and/or qualifications.
- Registration and/or membership of recognized international engineering body is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience planning rooftops and commercial solar PV systems with focus on engineering design, construction document development, construction oversight and installation practices.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing bidding documents, including knowledge of PV system components, wiring practices, layout, low voltage AC design, medium voltage design, relay protection, metering, utility interconnection requirements etc.
- Technically self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Familiarity with systems that include storage and/or complex load management systems
- Hands-on approach to technical support and ability to train other staff.
- Experience with monitoring and communications systems.
- Strong analytical ability; analyzing energy figures and statistic and be able to understand them and extract the valuable/meaningful information.