International Uniforms Nigeria Limited - Lagos
Posted: Nov 12th, 2019Login to Apply
Established since 1980, the company has been producing distinctively styled uniforms and workwear for both individuals and corporate organizations. With the recent procurement and installation of modern, automated ready-made garment-making machines, and the employment of experienced expatriates.
- Compute dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering stretching of the material.
- Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, and/or grading devices.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features, using computers or drafting instruments.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product.
- Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
- Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and knives, or print out copies of patterns, using computers.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Job Type: Permanent
- Minimum of OND in Clothing and Garment related courses.
- Minimum of 5 years experienced in Clothing and Garment Making Industries.