Senior Technical Advisor - Laboratory Services
Global Fund - Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative - Abuja
Posted: Nov 12th, 2019Login to Apply
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-profit organization incorporated in Nigeria to provide health technical assistance to the Nigerian government and Nigeria’s public health sector.
In collaboration with the Project Director and STO Laboratory Services;
- Provide leadership in implementing high-quality laboratory services for AHNI including building laboratory capacity at health facility sites to combat HIV, TB, malaria and other infectious diseases.
- Provides technical leadership and technical support related to the laboratory services and management component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment for the Nigeria bilateral project.
Experience: 5-7 year(s)
Job Type: Permanent
- Master's degree in Laboratory Sciences, Biological Science or related degree with 7 to 9 years of relevant experience.
- Or doctorate degree in laboratory sciences, biological science or related dree with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a laboratory setting of which 3 must bp on an HIV laboratory management donor-funded program.
- Certification / license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting and working in a donor-funded program is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs is an advantage.