Business Development Executive
Traders of Africa (TofA) - Lagos
Posted: Nov 18th, 2019Login to Apply
Traders of Africa is an ecommerce marketplace focused on driving intra-African trade as well as trade between Africa and the world through technology.
- Generate new leads with the aim of creating more sales.
- Working in Business Development you will be involved in pitching and presenting at the boardroom level. This could include presentation to HR (Human Resource) Departments and will require meticulous planning and proposal writing.
- A Business Developer will work sales follow-up activities.
- Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business.
- Work closely with the MD/CEO, as part of a team and closely with other departments within the organization.
- The business developer must develop a rapport with new clients and set targets for sales and provide the support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Prospect for potential new local and international partners and turn this into increased business.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Present business development training and mentoring to internal staff.
- Learn on the job.
Experience: 1-3 year(s)
Job Type: Permanent
- Must have 2-3 years of experience.
- Must be between ages 22-32.
- Must be skilled at agreeing and closing deals with clients.
- A Degree or equivalent qualification is recommended, but a proven background in business development may be sufficient.
- A proven track record in strong presentation skills is essential in the role of Business Development.
- Possess strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential as well as performance monitoring.
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office and associated programs.
- The business developer must keep abreast of competitors' strategies, such as their marketing plans and new products.
- The developer must have an in-depth knowledge of his company's owns products, marketing strategies, and key demographics.