Flange Management Specialist Trainee (4 Openings)
TAG Energy Limited - Port Harcourt
Posted: Nov 15th, 2019Login to Apply
TAG Energy is an integrated service company offering a comprehensive range of oilfield products and support services in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
They are currently looking for four(4) highly motivated individuals to join its flange management services team as trainee technicians to work both independently and as part of a team with other field technicians to perform technical bolting services at client work sites both offshore and onshore. Duties include the following:
- Recognize and rectify the faults with torque or tensioning equipment.
- Interpret joint or flange manufacturer identifying marks.
- Identify defects, distortion and surface irregularities on flange sealing faces and threads.
- Demonstrate ability in preparation of all joint components.
- Correct selection and assembly joint components.
- Diagnosis and rectification of problems with hydraulic equipment.
- Selection and correct installation of hydraulic torque or tensioning equipment.
- Correct application of various tightening techniques.
- Carrying out specified tightening sequence and subsequent tightening passes to ensure axial alignment and squareness of the joint assembly.
- Carrying out joint breakout safely and correctly.
- Carrying bolt ‘break loose’ tests (check passes) to check integrity of assembled tensioned assembly.
- Completion of a joint record sheet.
- Integrity and inspection checks of completed joint assembly.
- Maintaining a personnel portfolio of joint assembly.
Experience: 1-3 year(s)
|Location: Port Harcourt
Job Type: Permanent
- Minimum of 0-2 years of industry-related experience.
- Technical training a plus
- Ability to work Offshore.
- Good understanding of torque and tensioning equipment.
- Excellent communication skills required.