Valve Repair Technician
TAG Energy Limited - Port Harcourt, Warri, Bonny Island
Posted: Sep 11th, 2019Login to Apply
TAG Energy is an integrated service company offering a comprehensive range of oilfield products and support services in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
- The technician will be responsible for assembling, testing, documentation and troubleshooting PSV and other valves.
- The personnel will be handling major repairs and tests of various valves, including but not limited to Ball Valves, Gate valves, control valves, and safety relief valves.
- The valve technician may also be called upon to back up other critical functions in the warehouse such as shipping, receiving, packaging, and staging product when necessary. Other roles and duties assigned to a Valve Repair Technician are below, however not limited to this list.
- Field work on customer equipment.
- Assemble and automate new Isolation and PSV valve assemblies.
- Assemble and automate new Control valve assemblies.
- Layout and fabrication of metal brackets.
- Read and interpret manufacturer specific drawings and IOM documentation.
- Anticipate needs and constantly maintain internal operation processes.
- Proper operation and form of hand tools.
- Proper operation of power tools.
- Seat Leak testing of Isolation and Control valves.
- Work with order management team to modify orders by need.
- Apply measurement skills and the ability to read a measurement scale.
- Perform measurements with: micrometers, dial indicators, basic rule.
- Ability to confidently lift heavy equipment with proper lifting equipment.
Experience: 3-5 year(s)
|Location: Port Harcourt, Warri, Bonny Island
Job Type: Contract
- B. Eng. in General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and other related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years and above of relevant work experience.
- Problem solving
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to learn and understand valve diagnostics is essential.
- Knowledge of Hydrostatic / Gas testing of valves and piping systems.
- Knowledge of installing, repairing, maintaining and testing mechanical and pressure safety valves or similarly related equipment.
- Knowledge of Electric, Pneumatic and Valves Actuators and systems.
- Removal, Installation of Pressure Safety valves.
- Field Valve Technician.