TAG Energy Limited - Lekki, Lagos
Posted: Jan 26th, 2018Login to Apply
TAG Energy is an integrated service company offering a comprehensive range of oilfield products and support services in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who combines excellent leadership and analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles as well as in-depth understanding of QuickBooks accounting software package.
- Oversee all payment of statutory remittance in a timely manner
- Preparation of salary and ensure disbursement on due date
- Oversee and monitor timely submission of Invoices
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for proper and correct entry.
- Assist with annual audit preparations.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payables and receivables
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports for management review
- Oversee the compilation of financial information into financial statements with accompanying disclosures as well as ensuring the numbers are accurate.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as maintaining confidentiality of company’s information.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Perform other accounting duties and supporting team members as required or assigned
- Coordinate, plan, assign and review staff’s work
Experience: 5-7 year(s)
|Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
|Salary: Commensurate with experience
- BSc Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant fields
- Minimum of 7 + years of proven accounting experience. (Relevant certification such as ICAN, ACCA, CMA are preferred)
- Hands-on experience in QuickBooks accounting software package.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and tax laws
- Excellent leadership, effective communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to pay attention to details and good analytical skills