Marketing & Communications Officer
Teach For Nigeria - Lekki, Lagos
Posted: Jul 22nd, 2020Login to Apply
Teach For Nigeria is a non-governmental organization focused on developing leaders to bridge education inequity in our country. Our mission is to attract, engage and mobilize a critical mass of young change agents who will drive the movement towards educational equity and excellence in Nigeria.
- Lead Teach For Nigeriaâ€™s communication efforts to ensure that the organizational key messages effectively reach all of our priority target audiences (prospective applicants, prospective and existing corporate donors, policy and decision makers, school principals).
- Lead Teach For Nigeriaâ€™s marketing efforts and work with the Recruitment Marketing team to ensure that the organization generates sufficient number of quality registrations and applications for the Teach For Nigeria Program.
- Be an effective leader of the Marketing and Communications team developing an overall team vision and strategy and ensuring working team processes and structures.
- Act as the ultimate organizational brand champion, develop internal brand stewardship among our community (staff, teachers, alumni, and supporters), and ensure brand alignment in all external communication and marketing collateral.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with national and regional journalists to ensure positive and sufficient coverage of the organizationâ€™s work and impact.
- Be a strong role-model for our organizational values within the TFN community as well as an engaged member of the organizational leadership team
Experience: 1-3 year(s)
|Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Knowledge & Skills
Proven experience in marketing and communications:
ï‚· Experienced in raising the profile of an organization through smart PR strategies and crisis communications skills;
ï‚· Experienced in managing major integrated marketing communication campaigns across various platforms and delivering high results.
Exceptional communication skills (written and oral):
ï‚· Write press releases, articles, and other texts for online and printed materials;
ï‚· Able to look through â€œclientâ€ perspective and prioritize/adapt messaging;
ï‚· Provide feedback to team members on presentations and written communication pieces.
Strategic thinking and problem solving:
ï‚· Identify, prioritize, and proactively anticipate opportunities/problems to solve;
ï‚· Use rigorous logic and data to analyze the situation;
ï‚· Develop high quality and actionable strategies/solutions.
Making decisions & demonstrating judgment:
ï‚· Use appropriate context and data to make sensible and timely decisions;
ï‚· Display sound judgment when faced with tough decisions.
Ability to influence and motivate others:
ï‚· Convince others to think or act in a desired way.