Snr. Accounts Officer
TAG Energy Limited - Lekki, Lagos
Posted: Aug 17th, 2023Login to Apply
TAG Energy is an integrated service company offering a comprehensive range of oilfield products and support services in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
- Prepare and present accurate financial statements, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and cash flow statements.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports and analyses for decision-making purposes.
- Oversee the maintenance of the general ledger, ensuring entries are accurate, properly documented, and reconciled.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing procedures, including adjustments and accruals.
- Supervise accounts payable and receivable processes, ensuring invoices are processed, payments are made on time, and collections are managed effectively.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable ledgers and resolve any discrepancies.
- Implement and enforce financial controls to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Assist in internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations.
- Reconcile bank statements and maintain accurate records of cash transactions.
- Monitor cash flow and provide forecasts to support financial planning.
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the accounts team, providing guidance and support in their day-to-day tasks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate financial data sharing.
- Conduct variance analysis to compare budgeted vs. actual financial performance.
- Assist in identifying trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement based on financial data.
Experience: 5-7 year(s)
|Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- ICAN certification is mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Proficient in financial software and Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and team management abilities.
- Preferably Female.