NDT Inspector - Level II
TAG Energy Limited - Offshore Nigeria
Posted: Dec 2nd, 2019Login to Apply
TAG Energy is an integrated service company offering a comprehensive range of oilfield products and support services in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
- To carry out inspection of Structural Steel, Vessels and Piping, Coordinates Non Destructive Testing (NDT) activities and review of NDT reports.
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in all QC related activities in Piping, welding, related Piping fabrication, Equipment, Tanks, Painting, Fireproofing & Insulation, Verification of Piping and Test packages.
- Intensive experience in fabrication and mainly in the piping, Vessels, Structural Steel etc.
- To evaluate and interpret the NDT results with respect to applicable Codes, standards, specifications and approved company procedures.
- To perform NDT as per job requirement as per request received from QC Inspectors.
- To prepare NDT reports and certify the results.
- To demonstrate each NDT techniques to QC Engineers and Authorized Inspectors prior to perform on the job.
- To prepare reports for the demonstration of Techniques.
- To maintain the NDT equipment and instruments in good condition.
- To estimate the NDT consumables required for the type of work and to prepare request to purchase the consumables.
- To perform periodic verification of the calibration as per Code requirements.
- To coordinate with NDT subcontractor for other NDT requirements.
- Responsible for executing the tests using the procedures and methods to determine maximum quality of the product.
- Responsible for inspecting duties, organizes and generates reports pertaining to inspection and evaluation.
Experience: 3-5 year(s)
|Location: Offshore Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Certified IRATA Level one/Level two Technician.
- Wide knowledge and vast experience in certain fields of NDT e.g. UT, VT, especially.
- Must have several certifications that will ascertain his technical and applicable knowledge in NDT (i.e. UT, VT….. etc).
- Valid BOSIET or HUET Offshore Certification.
- Full UKOOA Medical.
- 3 – 5 years offshore experience is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team (especially under a qualified Rope Access Level III or NDT Level III Supervisor.
- Committed to delivering a timely and professional service to clients.
- Knowledge and Adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good housekeeping standard.